Search This Blog

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow It Cant All Be Dior

Friday, August 5, 2011

What Kinda Fancy Pink Lemonade Even Has Mint?




So I tried the Pink Lemonade mini cupcake (Baked By Melissa's August flavor of the month) 




(I threw in two of the cinnamon flavored ones in too. They my FAVE!)




and I gotta say I'm torn.

While anything covered, smothered or filled with lemon curd gets my motor running






my engine stalled due to one tragic flaw here: the mint








The mint in the icing is too powerful. It hits too heavy and when combined with the lemon and sugar, my tongue registered mojito more than lemonade (that should give you a hint on how the mint, not the lemon is the star)






Further, the mint lingered on the tongue post cupcake gobble. It wasn't obviously as intense as the moments after brushing your teeth, but that dry mouth of mintiness sensation still came to mind




Publish Post

Maybe I'm being too picky. Maybe my lemon curd lust will never be satiated. The only comfort I take is in my co-worker's assessment of the pink pastel cupcake with bright yellow filling's flavor:

"It's surprising"

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I'm a fashion writer who writes for Bluefly, EDGE Media, VIRAL Fashion, etc. I use "It Can't All Be Dior" as a safe release for my love of coats, cats and cake. Phew!