Search This Blog

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow It Cant All Be Dior

Thursday, August 18, 2011

The Non-Label Whore Pieces from the Target / Missoni Colab




When Missoni's Target line was announced, I jumped. But now that I'm seeing it in the flesh, I'm reminded that Missoni is one of those labels that you can see a mile away. The signature wavy knits are easily spotable. So a cheaper version is gonna be even easier to spy. Either way you land on this debate, be prepared to see the clothes everywhere!

But beyond the "Dedicated Follower of FASHION!" clothing, there are some fun pieces one can introduce into their life. 



1. Socks




I love a groovy sock and showing a slip of Missoni is the casual way to wear your favorite designer. 







2. This Tam



Again, subtle. I truly believe these are the only two pieces in the whole line that can be worn without fashion victim-hood. 








3. Blanket


For your fashion obsessed niece going to F.I.T. The Missoni print is cute and all, but me thinks this probably not cashmere. 







4. Wine gift box


Most unnecessary thing ever. Perfect for those bougie friends you have that are having a housewarming in Gramercy or Hells Kitchen. 







5. Stationary



THIS is the way to do it. See the key to diffusion lines, colabs and downstream steps like this is to make as minute a difference between the new project and the main line. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I'm a fashion writer who writes for Bluefly, EDGE Media, VIRAL Fashion, etc. I use "It Can't All Be Dior" as a safe release for my love of coats, cats and cake. Phew!