Search This Blog

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow It Cant All Be Dior

Monday, December 13, 2010

Once You Go White...

One could argue that Givenchy head designer, Riccardo Tisci, isn't big on the California, Christie Brinkley look. He recently featured a transgender model in ads for the last few seasons and now he's placed Albino male model, Steven Thompson, front and center for Spring 2011



Ok, typical of male models, it's more like as a prop for the lady models, 
but you get the idea



Meanwhile Tisci tells Women's Wear Daily,

"he’s long admired albino people, reflected in the pale flesh tones that are recurrent in his fashions. 'They’re very near my world,' he enthused"

I'm not sure comparing a person's skin tone to fabric swatches is super P.C., but I think the sentiment's in the right place


Original article: http://www.wwd.com/media-news?module=tn#/article/media-news/fashion-memopad/white-hot-coming-out-party-milas-moment-3402012

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I'm a fashion writer who writes for Bluefly, EDGE Media, VIRAL Fashion, etc. I use "It Can't All Be Dior" as a safe release for my love of coats, cats and cake. Phew!