Search This Blog

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow It Cant All Be Dior

Monday, December 6, 2010

Book Club: The Mole People


Miss AG had told me about the Mole People during her visit to my Uptown apartment way back in the Summer of 2006, but I just recently picked up the vociferous book. 

Jennifer Toth's first hand account exposes the lifestyle and survivalist ways a collection of homeless live in tunnels under the New York subway system

It's a fascinating read on the cunning and determination of the human spirit and I highly recommend it especially for New Yorkers as a reminder that high rents, pricey drinks and fancy clothes is only how one half live

1 comment:

  1. I read this book a while ago, and thought it was quite an eye opener. I was also amazed that she was able to get any photos of her journey into the tunnels. The book took a real toll on her, emotionally, but it is pretty understandable, once you read the story. How have we not ever talked about this? I have an amazing collection of gritty true books about NYC - next time you come over, we'll have to discuss more! xox

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
I'm a fashion writer who writes for Bluefly, EDGE Media, VIRAL Fashion, etc. I use "It Can't All Be Dior" as a safe release for my love of coats, cats and cake. Phew!