Search This Blog

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow It Cant All Be Dior

Thursday, April 7, 2011

Reoccurring Lust: Rebel Without a Cause Jacket






Like many a confused young boy, I was drawn to James Dean. Sure you could argue that it was that usual teen angst bullshit but it had a lot more to do with they way he could fill out a jacket. A red little jacket that is and its become indelible image of classic and cool Americana in my mind ever since






(efforts on my behalf to replicate that Rebel style)







I am on a continual hunt for the perfect specimen of little red jacket; the balance of structure and intrinsic informality is not as easy as it looks. I have a few in my closet that have lost the trial and am now accepting applications.



Perhaps this little red Burberry Brit jacket is due for a spin? 




I love the contrast cuffs and waist and a funnel neck is something I can really get behind, although the windbreaker style is more weather appropriate since we're on the precipice of Spring as I write




And just witness the versatility. Zipped up the look is Jil Sander sleek, unzipped the personification of sportswear and weekend. 

The lust continues!


("Bradford Pack Away" jacket, Burberry Brit, $172.80 on sale at Matches, www.matchesfashion.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I'm a fashion writer who writes for Bluefly, EDGE Media, VIRAL Fashion, etc. I use "It Can't All Be Dior" as a safe release for my love of coats, cats and cake. Phew!