Search This Blog

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow It Cant All Be Dior

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Sick Day Oscar Review

Ugh. Head hurts. Nose stuffed and coughing. Gross. But here's my Tussin soaked thoughts on Oscar fashion




The GOOD






Milla Jovovich in Elie Saab





I gasped and grabbed my sister when we saw her in the audience stealing every shot she snuck into. This B always looks good and in my fantasy life we're BFF's throwing back brews in dive bar. Maybe she's not wearing Elie Saab in that fantasy. 






Octavia Spencer in Tadashi Shoji



Been killin' it all awards season long. And enough of 'she know how to dress for her shape'. B know how to dress! And I love a lady loyal to a designer. 






Gwyneth Paltrow in Tom Ford




Love her or hate her (and God knows folks hate), Gwyn knows how to work a sleek look. This Tom Ford capsule style sheath and cape feels forward in a way that no Marchesa can.




The BAD


The Oscars this year were so neutral that something as simple as body placement wins a normal best on the worst


Angelina Jolie in Atelier Versace



Weirdo. 




The UGLY


Melissa Leo in Reem Acra



Boy this was yuk. When she got up to present I shouted "a shirtdress? Really, girl?" The full view ain't much better. In her defense ML was never known for her style.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I'm a fashion writer who writes for Bluefly, EDGE Media, VIRAL Fashion, etc. I use "It Can't All Be Dior" as a safe release for my love of coats, cats and cake. Phew!