Search This Blog

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow It Cant All Be Dior

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Russo-ing Feathers at Ungaro

(Oh Anna and Giles, well played)

Giles Deacon has quite the hand stacked against him with his premiere collection for Emanuel Ungaro. The once hot, hot, hot house is now most noted for its recent revolving door of designers (Miss Lohan the most notorious of all). 

Now it's Mr Deacon's swing to restore prestige and respect to the once venerated label. 

He wisely showcased looks with signature lace, feathers and embellishments (let us recall Ungaro's heyday was the heady 80's)



(a petite Daphne Guinness, non?)



(you're gonna see this on a red carpet next week. mark my words)



And having VOGUE Nippon Fashion Director and style icon, Anna Dello Russo, model in your show is a pretty loud vote of confidence you're doing something right. 

Bonne chance, Monsieur! I will say a little fashion prayer for you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I'm a fashion writer who writes for Bluefly, EDGE Media, VIRAL Fashion, etc. I use "It Can't All Be Dior" as a safe release for my love of coats, cats and cake. Phew!