Search This Blog

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow It Cant All Be Dior

Sunday, June 13, 2010

Vintage That "Works"





Setting up the vintage sale at Housing Works this weekend I stumbled across some real gems.


When I was little my sister had these exact same Barbie schleppers





(Barbie cases, $25 for the pair)


I dressed "Meadow", the store's Muse, in a little something




(vintage colorful cotton sheath, $30, velvet hat, $5 and brown scarf, $5)




But out of everything I found the reading material most inspiring









(all books, $1)


All items from Housing Works, 245 W 10th St, (212) 352-1618, http://shophousingworks.com/

2 comments:

  1. I loves me some vintage paperback Quentin Crisp! Excellent finds! Love that you named the mannequin, too! xoxol

    ReplyDelete
  2. ps - I still have one of my Barbie schleppers (love that you called it that!). I keep beading supplies in there, it's red patent leather, which makes me sooo happy! xoxl

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
I'm a fashion writer who writes for Bluefly, EDGE Media, VIRAL Fashion, etc. I use "It Can't All Be Dior" as a safe release for my love of coats, cats and cake. Phew!