Search This Blog

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow It Cant All Be Dior

Thursday, November 3, 2011

The End of the Road: Filene's Basement



When I first moved to New York City I was a broke little fashion editor. I had dreams of fancy fashions but nightmares of rent, laundry money and subway fare.

On a "market appointment" one lazy Summer work day I snuck into the Filene's Basement in Union Square to pinch some free a/c. Upstairs I stumbled across the most amazing Moschino pants with lobsters dancing up and down the legs. You know, the typical Moschino whimsy




(Looked a little something like this pair on Ebay right now)



Anywho, I reminisce as the news has hit that Filene's has filed bankruptcy unable to compete with the proliferation of flash sale sites, resale shops and fast fashion.

Now where will boys on budgets find tacky fashions they'll treasure?

Well, for a Summer at least.

Here's to my favorite basement memory!


                                    

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I'm a fashion writer who writes for Bluefly, EDGE Media, VIRAL Fashion, etc. I use "It Can't All Be Dior" as a safe release for my love of coats, cats and cake. Phew!