Search This Blog

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow It Cant All Be Dior

Monday, November 14, 2011

The Dior Continues to Swing...

Women's Wear Daily reports that talks with just moments ago front runner Marc Jacobs "have come to a halt" and LVMH has "stepped up the pace and depth of negotiations with other designers"




That's good news as Jacobs' vision is clearly suited for Louis Vuitton with the proof in continued sales growth under his guide.

But the disheartening news here is this buried bit that "it is understood Alexander Wang, Raf Simons and Jason Wu are among some of the candidates recently approached."


(Marc could be out, but which of these other names could really be "in"?)


Yikes! While Raf would be the best of that lineup given his penchant for imaginative and modern plays on color and print, Phoebe Philo's minimalist work at Celine already kind checks that box


(Celine looks)



New talent Jason Wu still needs to find his way and that Alexander Wang is no Dior heir! I'm sorry I know gals love his loose and shapeless, but damn if I can at all see him designing for the 21st century lady of Dior.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I'm a fashion writer who writes for Bluefly, EDGE Media, VIRAL Fashion, etc. I use "It Can't All Be Dior" as a safe release for my love of coats, cats and cake. Phew!