Search This Blog

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow It Cant All Be Dior

Friday, June 24, 2011

Armani's Nasty Exchange

(Sure, he's all smiles now)

What's in the champagne these days, cuz fashion folk can't stop taking swipes at each other. Giorgio Armani threw some barbs at his fellow Italian designers during the menswear Spring 2012 shows this week, stating that 

"houses such as Prada and Dolce & Gabbana make men look ridiculous and blamed the press for not being more critical about clownish styles that men don’t wear"



Hmmm... let's compare


(Dolce and Gabbana)

Yes, the leather mesh shorts were a bit too much of a good Tom of Finland thing, but I dug the effect in full car coat design. 




(Prada)

Pattern clash isn't exactly a new thing in menswear, but I still believe in it, as I do 60's influences. Here Prada combines the two with love-in style daisy pants and gold caddie style bags. Reinterpreting recent trends into the next? That's what Prada's always been about. 






(Giorgio Armani)


Armani, I know you have a look and I commend your commitment and one could argue said commitment avoids the manic, A.D.D. sense of fashion the past 10+ years, but, these styles look like they're from 10+ years ago. And that's the fashion kiss of death. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I'm a fashion writer who writes for Bluefly, EDGE Media, VIRAL Fashion, etc. I use "It Can't All Be Dior" as a safe release for my love of coats, cats and cake. Phew!