Search This Blog

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow It Cant All Be Dior

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

According to Tabatha ALL Salons a Mess





A lot of my friends over the years are hair stylists and I, despite being a simple grow it out and then hack it all off kinda guy, have a close connection to trained people who cut and style hair for a living. After watching more than my share of a "Tabatha's Salon Takeover" marathon the other day, I'm starting to wonder where she finds these hell holes and how they have any clients at all?!






Show after show highlights disastrous conditions: dust piles of hair and filth colonizing in corners and mirror frames, various foreign components growing roots in the hair wax and need I reference the potion of past clients floating in all these jars of Barbicide (ironic since it's meant for disinfecting but needs to be changed daily)? Yuckity





And the hair stylists featured always either seem clueless how to do basic client services for a salon




or are sloppy messes with heavy attitudes and minimal skills to back it up





Now I know this is reality t.v. and everything is turned up to 11 for effect, but there's gotta be some truth to how these establishments are run, or there wouldn't even be a show. That frightens me and it also gives a really bad reputation to professional salons.

But with three seasons and 25 salons under her belt since premiering in August 2008, Tabatha's just got going and the momentum is building. How many scary salons are out there? Is your favorite next? Dum, dum, dum....




"I'm watching you, B"

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I'm a fashion writer who writes for Bluefly, EDGE Media, VIRAL Fashion, etc. I use "It Can't All Be Dior" as a safe release for my love of coats, cats and cake. Phew!