Search This Blog

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow It Cant All Be Dior

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Thanks for the Ad: Fall 2010 Fashion

It's one of my favorite times of the year again: September Fashion Magazine Time!



Now the editorial part long ago lost its allure to me after far too many disappointingly silly actresses against white backdrops modeling clothes that could be appealing if on a real model and not some dishwater tanned blonde girl from the latest interchangeable romantic comedy (this month's roster of Julia Roberts and Jennifer Aniston excel at proving my point!)



















(Awkward pose with claw hands in a kimono)                                  (Random Barbara homage)  




So let's look at the ads! Cuz they still sell a fantasy land where you wear heels and and a full on Look to lounge on fire escapes and traipse around the city doing fabulously chic and indeterminate tasks



I've never been crazy about Natalia V (and that pose is sooooo Benny Ninja episode of America's Top Model), but DAMN if Karen and Christy aren't making a dramatic case for purchasing a vanity and a full skirt




Anja missed her train Friday afternoon, too wrapped up instead pondering why a raven is like a writing desk




Every August, the streets of New York City are filled with European tourists. Misleading ads like this are why every single one of those Euros is holding bags from mall brands like American Eagle, Express and Old Navy 




Speaking of Old Navy, kids,  Domenico and Stefano spent a lot of money to look real cheap. And that strategy only works for Dolly



I see Anna Wintour advised Ann Taylor to dump the models and sip from the dishwater blonde actress cup 




I was a fan of all the color blocking and 60's futurism Nicolas Ghesquiere used for Fall 2010, but this ad looks like you forced your sloppy, bratty teenage daughter to go to Sears for the annual family portrait





I LOVE Angela Lindvall!







Not a fan of Guess, but kinda loving this rockabilly meets Gina Lollobrigida imagery




And Moschino got the Colonial for Fall memo, although my version will have a whole lot less c**k rings involved. Yikes!


1 comment:

  1. OK the funniest thing here is that when I scrolled through the pics before reading your comments my main thought was exactly "wow, that's a lotta c*** rings!" Great Minds (or gutter minds?) or something :) Of course my second thought was "That Prada bag is hideous"

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
I'm a fashion writer who writes for Bluefly, EDGE Media, VIRAL Fashion, etc. I use "It Can't All Be Dior" as a safe release for my love of coats, cats and cake. Phew!