Search This Blog

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow It Cant All Be Dior

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

James Perse's Thanksgiving Window has the Right Message



While being thankful for today isn't the most original thought, it's still a good one and I am most struck by an actual retail Thanksgiving window. Most have skipped right to Santa and his "buy! buy! buy!" mentality. 

Nice to see someone remember to be thankful for what you have, even if I know there's a heavily ironic layer to all this. 


1 comment:

  1. Love that you posted this, and yes, it's refreshing to see SOMEONE talking about being thankful, as opposed to these insane stores being so excessive and gross by opening earlier and earlier. This is why I stick to getting my gifts at places like Housing Works and also from local designers and vendors. Sigh. At least I got to walk by Bergdorf's windows today, which are pure art, and they made everyone happy outside. Sometimes, it's better to be all about the pretty! xoxol

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
I'm a fashion writer who writes for Bluefly, EDGE Media, VIRAL Fashion, etc. I use "It Can't All Be Dior" as a safe release for my love of coats, cats and cake. Phew!