Search This Blog

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow It Cant All Be Dior

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Just Don't Call It a Sportcoat

I once met this woman at a party who was wearing an amazing skirt suit. Upon introduction I opened with "I love your Mugler blazer".

"Blazer?! Blazer?!" she repeated in disgust.

Yes, what a bitch I was for being so complimentary. I walked away from her and her, I guess, "suit jacket".

Lesson learned.

And while she may be another tale in my log, this genius Thierry Mugler jacket is not just another post in my blog




And clearly not a blazer









(nice structural neckline)




(Vintage charcoal blue jacket from the 1980's, size 8, Thierry Mugler, $625 at Rare Vintage, 
24 West 57th Street, http://www.rarevintage.com/)





No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I'm a fashion writer who writes for Bluefly, EDGE Media, VIRAL Fashion, etc. I use "It Can't All Be Dior" as a safe release for my love of coats, cats and cake. Phew!