Search This Blog

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow It Cant All Be Dior

Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Part of My #JCPenney Spring Wardrobe Makeover this Weekend

If you didn't already hear, I kinda tore it up this weekend in the Maryland JCPenney's



(We went NUTS!) 



Now tongue wag all you want, but JCPenney has been my secret source for jeans. Those perfect fit Arizona brand skinnies have been mistaken for much pricier styles from the likes of J Brand, Earnest Sewn and even Acne jeans.


Anywho, after hearing so much about JCPenney's controversial shop-in-shops remodel under recently ousted CEO Ron Johnson I decided to check it out in the flesh this weekend in Maryland. I might be in the minority, but I LOVED it. The layout feels vibrant and compelling. Like I'd be amiss to pull a Dionne Warwick and walk on by



(BAM!)


And no one is immune to the pull of the Joe Fresh right at the mall entrance 




The home stuff was right on par too with eye catching and playful prints and pops from some of the big names in the biz like Michael Grave, the aforementioned Pantone collection, Martha Stewart (ugh... can I mention her name?) and the Happy Chic line developed by Jonathan Adler






How I resisted taking these demon dog bookends home is beyond me now





Anywho, I did plenty of damage with or without breaching the home department






But luckily JCPenney figured out customers have always known and loved them for deals and coupons



and this little 20% everything all weekend long worked like a charm. Yes, 20% off EVERYTHING including clearance, child








That meant my bounty went a little something like this:









(Levis canvas knapsack)







(JCP private label broadstripe long sleeve t-shirt, LF floral linen blend shirt and red pin dot spread collar shirt) 


I liked the pin dot shirt so much I got it in navy too


















Many, MANY outfits compiled from the sea of sartorial snap ups I got this weekend to come... stay tuned! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I'm a fashion writer who writes for Bluefly, EDGE Media, VIRAL Fashion, etc. I use "It Can't All Be Dior" as a safe release for my love of coats, cats and cake. Phew!